The healthcare industry is subject to legal complexities in an aggressive governmental enforcement environment. Healthcare providers face challenges from stricter and ever changing regulations, consolidations in the industry and hazardous liability issues. The Affordable Care Act and the creation of Exchanges have only exacerbated these issues as the industry continues its rapid change. Conner & Winters attorneys know the healthcare industry. The extensive experience of our healthcare team allow us to provide significant expertise in all areas of the healthcare industry – we have several healthcare partners who have practiced healthcare law in excess of twenty-five years bringing substantial experience and a depth of knowledge to the practice. Further, our team brings experience from having worked in healthcare settings as nurses and other ancillary healthcare providers so the lawyers have a practical understanding of operational requirements and management needs.
Not only does our health law team have this depth of practice, but our attorneys also have a breadth of practice in the types of healthcare facilities that we represent. We have experience representing hospitals (acute care, LTACs, psychiatric, children’s, public trust and physician-owned), ambulatory surgery centers, dialysis and imaging centers, physicians groups, managed care organizations including HMOs and PPOs, pharmacies, dentists, post-acute long term care facilities including skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, assisted living centers and continuum of care retirement centers (CCRCs), home health agencies and hospices, insurance companies, DME suppliers, nurses and other ancillary health professionals, healthcare trade associations, residential care centers, child care centers, federally qualified healthcare centers, community mental health centers and health information exchanges.
Our practice includes representation of these entities and individuals before federal and state regulatory agencies in healthcare transactions, litigation matters and alternative dispute resolution.
Publications & Events
Publications & Events
- CMS Issues Final Rule Withdrawing COVID-19 Testing & Vaccination Requirements for Healthcare Workers06.06.2023
- Emergency Waivers for Health Care Providers Set to Expire with End of COVID-19 Public Health Emergency05.05.2023
- ELISE BRENNAN AND RUSSELL RAMZEL ASSIST AHLA IN PUBLISHING SECOND EDITION OF CORPORATE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE: A 50 STATE SURVEY01.30.2020
- OFFICIAL JOURNAL OF AMERICAN HEALTH LAWYERS ASSOCIATION, 10.18.2017
- CW attorney Elise Brennan quoted in article about CommunityCare severing its contract with HillcrestTULSA WORLD, 03.01.2018