CW attorney Elise Brennan quoted in article about CommunityCare severing its contract with Hillcrest
Conner & Winters attorney Elise Brennan is quoted in an article discussing how Tulsa-based insurer CommunityCare is severing its contract with Hillcrest HealthCare System over allegations that Hillcrest is billing members more than allowed, meaning 6,500 patients will have to find new primary-care physicians.
Thirty-four CommunityCare clients with HMO plans have called their insurer since late 2016 to complain that Hillcrest has over-billed them about $400,000 in total, according to CommunityCare.
CommunityCare has 140,000 members, of which only the 6,500 (about 5 percent) are affected by the move. The other 95 percent have physicians through St. John Health System or Saint Francis Health System.