Wills, Trusts and Estates
Conner & Winters attorneys are experienced in all aspects of estate planning and the administration of trusts and estates. We advise clients on estate planning, preparation of wills and trusts, durable powers of attorney and advance directives for health care, charitable planning, federal and state estate, gift and income taxation, probate, and trust administration, and personal and family asset planning. In addition, we work with succession planning with closely-held corporations owned by our clients and their families.
Our attorneys are recognized authorities in many areas, including complex estate planning, tax, legal aspects of distributions from qualified plans and IRAs, private family and public foundations. We have created revocable trusts, family partnerships and limited liability companies, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, qualified plan beneficiary designation arrangements and many other planning vehicles.
We provide counsel and assistance on matters such as:
- Planning and preparation of complex wills and trusts for all ages, including older generation family members
- Probate and administration of wills and trusts
- Irrevocable trusts and educational trusts funded by parents and grandparents for the benefit of younger family members
- Guardianship matters for minors and incapacitated adults
- Life insurance planning with trusts and financing options for life insurance
- Transfers of closely-held family companies to children and grandchildren
- Lifetime gifting using limited liability companies and other sophisticated techniques such as GRATS, QPRTS, CRUTS and CLATS
- Family dispute resolution in estates
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries with regard to the administration of trusts and estates
Our attorneys in this practice group routinely rely on Conner & Winters’ other seasoned attorneys to assist our estate planning clients, including in such areas as banking and finance, bankruptcy and business reorganization, church and nonprofit organizations benefit planning, alternative dispute resolution, employee benefits, health care, litigation, insurance and risk management counseling, real estate, income tax, and tax-exempt organizations.