Servicing clients in all aspects of commercial law, Hayley Stephens’ legal practice is characterized by its breadth as much as its depth.
Her practice primarily focuses on complex business litigation. She regularly represents both plaintiff and defendant companies in commercial disputes concerning claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and tortious interference with contracts. However, Hayley also has extensive experience advising clients in insurance and indemnity issues and defending corporate clients in labor and employment disputes.
No stranger to the courtroom, Hayley has successfully argued numerous motions before both state and federal judges and has successfully defended both companies and individual employees in actions seeking temporary restraining orders and injunctive relief. Hayley’s effective deposition skills and impressive writing style have resulted in her successfully obtaining summary judgment on behalf of numerous clients.
Additionally, Hayley has significant experience in the representation of financial institutions, successfully defending local and national institutions in commercial disputes and prosecuting foreclosure proceedings on behalf of many of those same institutions. She has also assisted in the documentation and closing of a wide variety of loan transactions secured by raw land, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities, and all types of personal property.
Although Hayley specializes in the representation of corporate clients, she frequently represents individuals in real estate disputes concerning the enforcement of restrictive covenants and other property rights. An avid animal lover, Hayley is also proud to represent a rescue organization from whom she adopted one of her two beloved dogs.
In addition to spending time with her dogs, Hayley enjoys traveling, hiking, and practicing yoga in her free time. She also sits on the board of Youth Services of Tulsa and serves as a member of the firm’s Diversity, Recruiting, and Business Development committees.
Hayley graduated from the University of Arkansas (Fayetteville), summa cum laude, in 2011, with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Economics and Political Science, with a minor in African & African American Studies. After spending a year backpacking and working, Hayley enrolled in Vanderbilt University Law School. Hayley received her J.D. from Vanderbilt in May of 2015 and joined Conner & Winters in its Tulsa office the following August.
• National Institute of Trial Advocates (NITA) Deposition Skills, graduate, August 2016
• National Institute of Trial Advocates (NITA) Trial Skills, graduate, October 2018
• Oklahoma Center for Community & Justice (OCCJ’s) 2020 Inclusive Leadership Institute, graduate, October 2020
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Recognitions
SuperLawyers 2020 Oklahoma Rising Stars
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2021
Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
Phi Beta Kappa
Community & Professional
Hayley is a proud member of the Tulsa County Bar Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, American Bar Association, and the Council Oak/Johnson-Sontag Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Hayley is actively involved in supporting Tulsa-area youth. She has served on the board of Youth Services of Tulsa since 2019. Hayley has previously volunteered with Reading Partners and was an active member of the Junior Women’s Association of the Tulsa Boys Home.
- TULSA PEOPLE, 12.01.2018
- Oklahoma Bar Journal, 04.05.2018
Alerts & Publications
Alerts & Publications
- Employment Law Alert: OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard Requires Certain Employers To Mandate Vaccinations Or Testing Requirements11.05.2021
- Employment Law Alert: Practical Advice for Employers Considering Mandatory Vaccination Policies in the Workplace08.11.2021
- Recap: "The Ethical Pitfalls of Unconscious Bias in the Legal Profession: An Explicit Case for Addressing Implicit Biases”01.04.2021
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2015
University of Arkansas, B.A., summa cum laude, 2011
- Oklahoma – 2015
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Oklahoma - 2016
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Oklahoma - 2016
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Oklahoma - 2016