Conner & Winters provides advice and assistance to clients, both small and large, in designing, implementing and administering executive compensation programs. We routinely advise clients on matters relating to executive compensation, including:
- Negotiation of employment agreements
- Implementation of various types of equity compensation programs, including stock option plans, restricted stock award plans, and phantom stock plans
- Long-term incentive awards
- Supplemental retirement plans
- Arrangements with executive relating to takeovers or other changes in control
We also understand the complexities of the Internal Revenue Code regulation of deferred compensation arrangements, including classic nonqualified deferral plans, change-in-control plans, restricted stock unit plans, retention and deal bonus arrangements, and severance arrangements. Clients are often surprised at the broad reach deferred compensation regulation, e.g. even routine “offer letters” can present deferred compensation compliance issues.