Ryan Scharnell practices in the areas of civil, business and appellate litigation primarily focusing on energy and employment disputes. Mr. Scharnell has represented clients in both trial and appellate litigation matters and has served as trial counsel in both jury and non-jury trials in state and federal courts. His experience involves commercial matters, employment and labor, energy, and other business and complex litigation. He has conducted several corporate investigations of personnel-related matters, regulatory compliance, and whistleblower complaints.
Mr. Scharnell earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin, and his Juris Doctor degree magna cum laude from Southern Methodist University School of Law, where he was selected for membership in the Order of the Coif. He is a member of the America Bar Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, and the Tulsa County Bar Association.
- Co-counsel in federal trial involving claims by former employee of wrongful termination and whistleblower protection.
- Co-counsel in state trial concerning a dispute over an oil and gas agreement effecting ownership and participation in horizontal wells.
- Lead counsel in state jury trial on breach of contract and unjust enrichment claims involving personal property dispute.
- Co-counsel in state trial relating to a real estate dispute between neighbors.
- Represented clients in bankruptcy court defending against claims of conspiracy and fraud.
- Investigated whistleblower complaint alleging federal regulatory and safety violations in the nuclear power industry.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Recognitions
Appeals Court Limits Reach Of SOX Whistleblower Protection - by Donn C. Meindertsma and Ryan T. Scharnell - April 27, 2012 (Vol. 27 No. 4)
(available at http://www.wlf.org/publishing/publication_detail.asp?id=2313)
High Court Extends Federal Whistleblower Protection to Public Companies’ Private Contractors - by Donn C. Meindertsma and Ryan T. Scharnell - May 9, 2014 (Vol. 29 No. 11)
(available at http://www.wlf.org/publishing/publication_detail.asp?id=2435)
Community & Professional
American Bar Association
Oklahoma Bar Association
Tulsa County Bar Association
- Congratulations to the 59 lawyers from Conner & Winters who were recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019.08.15.2018
- Tulsa Lawyers for Children June 2018 Newsletter, 06.12.2018
- TULSA WORLD, 01.04.2018
- TULSA WORLD - TULSA BUSINESS & LEGAL NEWS, 04.2017
Alerts & Publications
Southern Methodist University, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
University of Texas, B.S.
- Oklahoma - 2011
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Oklahoma - 2011
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Oklahoma - 2013
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Oklahoma - 2014