In the retail industry, Conner & Winters has skilled and knowledgeable counsel to assist its clients in meeting today’s constantly changing governance, regulatory, and employment laws.
Our attorneys provide a wide range of services to local, regional, and national retailers, including:
- Convenience stores and travel centers
- Large discount stores and specialty retailers
- Restaurants and restaurant chains
- Retail vendors and suppliers
- Shopping center owners and developers
- Franchisees and franchisors
- Packaged food companies and wholesalers
Partnering with clients from day one
Our corporate and securities attorneys provide counsel at the inception of our client’s business to assist in selecting the type of entity best suited to our client’s financial and operational needs We have extensive experience in the creation of all types of business entities — including formation of corporations, joint ventures, limited liability companies, and partnerships. We assist in the development of corporate policies and have substantial experience in developing corporate compliance and ethics programs, as well as document management and retention programs, policies governing corporate audits and disclosures, and similar matters. We also have the resources needed to handle business mergers and acquisitions and dispositions of all types, public or private offerings and other financings, and to advise regarding potential antitrust or unfair competition claims that may arise from new business combinations. In addition, Conner & Winters attorneys advise businesses in Indian country business and finance on the many special regulatory and tax issues that may arise.
Providing comprehensive legal services
Our attorneys are experienced in providing retail clients with the wide variety of other legal services that businesses require. We provide counsel to structure insurance programs and provide coverage analyses, and we represent clients in coverage disputes. The firm’s attorneys are also adept at consulting management regarding a wide variety of labor and employment and employee benefits issues, including:
- Designing employee welfare and retirement benefit plans
- Developing stock option plans, bonus programs, and deferred compensation arrangements
- Investigating and defending discrimination claims
- Assisting with OSHA compliance audits
- Negotiating and counseling regarding organized labor disputes
- Advising on immigration issues
- Handling workers compensation claims and related issues
- Advising regarding FSLA issues
Our litigation attorneys also have extensive experience litigating product liability claims and a wide variety of commercial disputes, including:
- Trade secret litigation
- Shareholder disputes and shareholder derivative claims
- Breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, and negligence claims, including claims for food poisoning, premises liability, and false imprisonment
- Construction claims
- Noncompete agreements
Our services to business clients also include providing advice counsel regarding real estate, tax, bankruptcy and business reorganization, and environmental matters.
Learn more about our capabilities in the retail industry by contacting one of the attorneys listed on the right.